Ten reasons to choose Fiordland College
Our Year 13 students came up with these top reasons why you should study at Fiordland College.
- We live in a unique and beautiful environment. We are surrounded by mountains, forest, lakes, rivers and a national park. We have huge open spaces and areas to play in.
- The students here are understanding and welcoming. Everyone knows each other; you make friends quickly and people look after each other.
- We have small class sizes meaning you get more one-on-one teaching time.
- Our school offers lots of opportunities. You can take part in heaps of sporting and cultural activities, go on camps, get involved in major environmental projects and even do water sports on our clean lake.
- The teachers and other staff here are really friendly. They get to know you well and help you out when you need it.
- Our school is part of a very safe community that supports what we do.
- Te Anau is close to high energy tourist activities like skiing, sky-diving, jet-boating and bungy-jumping. It is also the gateway for a number of Great Walks like the Milford, Routeburn and Kepler Tracks.
- We live in a harmonious, multicultural area. People from all around the world visit and live in Te Anau.
- Our school is co-educational, is an enviro-school, and has a community garden. We care about our environment and are helping to restore native wildlife to our area.
- Here you can experience typical ‘Kiwi’ culture. You get to live with a New Zealand family and get to experience both town and country life.
You heard it direct from our students: studying at Fiordland College will give you the experience of a lifetime. So don’t hesitate – apply now